• Breaking News

    Friday 30 December 2016

    Aged man & 9 others cheats death after fire gutted buildings & Shops in Warri metropolis early hours Today



    The incident which occurred about 1:am on Friday and lasted till 3:20am at Ekurode Urhobo in Warri ,was attributed to an electric spark from a building which enamated to a wild fire.
    Though no life was lost but,Miss Grace, a post graduate student recounted her ordeal

    “I woke up to ease myself and I smelt something like a wire or fuse burning,so checked around the house to see if any of our sockets were burning but I found none in our house.As I was easing myself, the smell became stronger, I opened the door and walked outside,behold what I saw was smoke and fire emanating from one of the shops close to our house . All my certificates, from primary school
    to university are gone "
    Mrs Rose Debekeme whose shop's worth millions of naira that was also torched by the inferno recounted experience this way, “I was in my house sleeping when the fire
    incident occurred. Somebody called me and said, ‘madam Rose fire has destroyed everything
    in your Shop,’ I started shedding tears.All my goods and the monies I kept in the safe are gone '.She appealed to public spirited individuals and government for
    help.
    However,the Chairman of the community Mr Samuel Edema together with Hon Vincent Okudolor gave an insight on the effort made to put the fire under control " we had a distress calls from our people about the fire outbreak, so I called the State Fire Service and Shell Fire Service come to our aid while Hon Vincent Okudolor quickly drove down to Shell yard Ogunu. It took the intervention of SPDC to put out the fire though they came an hour after calling because they are third party.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Sports

    entertainment

    events